These general conditions apply to all activities performed by Hotel Ter Elst//Kasteel Solhof, unless explicitly agreed otherwise in specific writing in the contract.
By placing a reservation or tender at Hotel ter Elst/Kasteel Solhof, clients are considered to have taken knowledge of these general conditions and accept their fully and unreserved appliance with exclusion of the clients’ own general conditions.
Prices and Confirmations
- Prices mentioned are valid until 31/12/2016
- All activities and room nights need to be confirmed in writing by Hotel Ter Elst/Kasteel Solhof. Returning a signed tender or confirmation by the client suffices to confirm the reservation. Each signed document will bind the subscriber in his own name as well as the person or legal person for whom the subscriber is acting.
- Hotel Ter Elst/Kasteel Solhof will act at the best of its abilities and always seeks to execute ordered activities in a manner that meets the clients expectations.
Modification and/or cancellation of reservations
- The client will hold on to the agreed time span and number of participants.
- Hotel Ter Elst/Kasteel Solhof reserves the right to demand a deposit on the amount of the tenders/reservations. If the deposit is not paid by the client within the time span put forward by Hotel Ter Elst/Kasteel Solhof, the latter reserves the right to an immediate cancellation of the reservation and this without notice.
- Modifications and/or cancellations need to be sent in writing to Hotel ter Elst/Kasteel Solhof, by fax on nr. +32-(0)3/450 90 90 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. The client can only call upon the modification/cancellation, if a confirmation of receiving the requested modification/cancellation is sent by Hotel Ter Elst/Kasteel Solhof.
Reservation of an event
The event can be cancelled under following conditions, unless explicitly agreed otherwise in the contract:
If the event is cancelled more than 30 days previous to the start of the activity, no costs will be charged.
If the event is cancelled between 30 and 10 days previous to the start of the activity, 50% of the tendered amount and 100% of the room rent will be charged (in case of a package the official room rent will be charged), as well as expenses already made by Hotel Ter Elst/Kasteel Solhof.
If the event is cancelled within 10 days previous to the start of the activity, 100% of the tendered amount will be charged, as well as expenses already made by Hotel Ter Elst/Kasteel Solhof.
The number of participants of the event can be changed until one week before the event and this only in writing. If the number of participants changes within one week before the event, the initial number of persons will be charged as a minimum.
Decreasing the number of participants of the event is accepted to a maximum of 25% of the initial number, so at least 75% of the initial tendered amount will be charged. Decreasing the number of participants over 75% of the initial number can be considered a cancellation and the client can be charged 100% of the tendered amount, as well as expenses already made by Hotel Ter Elst/Kasteel Solhof.
Unless in advance otherwise agreed in writing with Hotel Ter Elst/Kasteel Solhof, increasing the number of participants is limited to 10% of the initial number mentioned in the contract. Additional participants will be charged at the agreed rate.
If modification of the number of participants cause additional expenses (e.g. different meeting room, extra staff, …), Hotel Ter Elst/Kasteel Solhof reserves the right to charge these to the client.
Reservation of a meeting room / party room
If the (meeting or party) room is cancelled more than 30 days previous to the start of the activity, no costs will be charged. If the room is cancelled within 30 days previous to the start of the activity, 100% of the room rent will be charged (in case of a package the official room rent will be charged).
Reservation of hotel rooms
If the hotel room is cancelled more than 14 days previous to the start of the arrival date, no costs will be charged. If the hotel room is cancelled within 14 days previous to the arrival date or in case of ‘no show’, 100% of the room rate will be charged.
- The events at Hotel Ter Elst/Kasteel Solhof will be invoiced automatically.
- Hotel Ter Elst/Kasteel Solhof will sent the invoice to the client by mail within a few days after the activity. In case the client wishes to pay on the day of the event, it should be mentioned at the reservation. The bill than will be presented to the client at the reception desk of the hotel, the invoice will be sent by mail later. If the client wishes to have a PO number or other reference on the invoice, the information should be provided at Hotel Ter Elst/Kasteel Solhof before the start of the event.
- Unless agreed otherwise, all bills or invoices are to be paid within 14 days after the date of invoice. If the amount is not paid by the due date, it will be automatically raised without notice by 10% (with a minimum of 125 €) and a default interest of 12% a year is owed until the date of complete payment. All costs due to the non-payment by the client will be at the clients charge.
- Complaints or objections are to be handed in in writing within 24 hours after the cause of the complaint. After this term, the deliveries and performances of Hotel Ter Elst/Kasteel Solhof are considered to be accepted definitively. For the delivered food and drinks no complaints are accepted after consumption.
- Sending or delivering the VAT-ticket to the client holds no proof or suspicion that the bill has been paid by the client. Nor does signing the bill.
- Hotel Ter Elst//Kasteel Solhof does not pay commissions to any middlemen, unless previously explicitly agreed otherwise.
- The client is not allowed to consume its own catering at Hotel Ter Elst/Kasteel Solhof unless specifically agreed in writing. In case the client does bring its own catering (food and/or drinks) a supplement will be charged.
- Hotel Ter Elst/Kasteel Solhof processes the client’s personal data for purposes of client management and direct marketing. If you don’t want to receive messages concerning future actions or promotions, you can oppose to this without cost. The personal data can be shared with processors commissioned by Hotel Ter Elst/Kasteel Solhof. The law on processing personal data gives you the right to access and modify your personal data. To execute these rights, you can contact Hotel ter Elst/Kasteel Solhof. At the commission for protection of personal privacy (Waterloolaan 115, 1000 Brussel) a public register is held of automated processing of personal data. If you wish for additional information about how the personal data are processed by Hotel ter Elst/Kasteel Solhof, you can consult this register.
- If due to unforeseen circumstances some of the agreed food and drinks cannot be delivered, Hotel Ter Elst/Kasteel Solhof reserves the right to adapt the menu with equal food and drinks, without this leading to price cuts or compensation.
- The client explicitly declares to forsake abbreviated terms of termination, foreseen by art.2771 of the Civil Code, for as far as this article can be applied to the delivered services.
- Damage, deliberate or not, inflicted to the installations or infrastructure of Hotel Ter Elst/Kasteel Solhof, will jointly fall under the responsibility of the person who caused it, and the one who organized the event.
- The client has to arrange, and is responsible for, all administrative obligations for the event he organises, such as asking permission from the government, SABAM, neighbouring rights, etc. The client will indemnify Hotel Ter Elst/Kasteel Solhof for any claims by any party due to not fulfilling these obligations by the client.
- Hotel Ter Elst/Kasteel Solhof can, with the exception of deliberate misconduct or major fault, not be held accountable for any loss or damage of any kind which should completely or partially be the result of a to Hotel Ter Elst/Kasteel Solhof or one of its employees attributed error or negligence in execution of delivered services.
The accountability of Hotel Ter Elst/Kasteel Solhof is in any case limited to the amount that was charged by Hotel Ter Elst/Kasteel Solhof for that part of the activities to which the alleged accountability applies.
In no case Hotel Ter Elst/Kasteel Solhof can be held accountable for damage or theft of the client’s or third party’s properties.
- Without prejudice tot the above stated Hotel Ter Elst/Kasteel Solhof reserves the right to suspend the execution of its activities in case one of the bills or invoices are not paid in due time and this until complete payment of the owing amount.
- Hotel Ter Elst/Kasteel Solhof can immediately terminate any contract without notice or judicial intervention, if the client, eight (8) calendar days after sending a registered service notice, does not, not duly or not completely fulfil or act in violation of the obligations towards Hotel Ter Elst/Kasteel Solhof.
In addition Hotel Ter Elst/Kasteel Solhof can immediately terminate any contract without notice or judicial intervention, if the client is in bankruptcy, stopped its payments, asked or received extension of payment with one or more of its creditors, or lost unfettered control over its assets. If so, the client has no right to compensation.
- All contracts with Hotel Ter Elst/Kasteel Solhof are subject to Belgian law. All disputes fall under the exclusive jurisdiction of the court or the peace court in the district where Hotel Ter Elst/Kasteel Solhof is located.